2140 Low-Pass Filter (LPF)
The 2140 Low-Pass Filter (LPF) uses the SSI2140 IC i.e. the official successor to the legendary SSM2040 IC; considered by many to be one of the best sounding filters of all time.
To preserve the sonic qualities of the SSM2040, the input signal of the 2140 LPF can be overdriven via the front panel signal level control to unleash the classic analog character that it was known for.
In addition to standard frequency and resonance controls, a wide range of modulation possibilities are available, including FM and resonance CV.
A switch on the front panel also allows the user to switch on Q compensation, to avoid a loss in signal gain as resonance is increased. Alternatively, this can be switched off to give a standard, classic uncompensated filter.
- SSI2140 IC continuing the legacy of its iconic predecessor; the SSM2040.
- Four-pole 24dB/octave low-pass filter.
- Input signal can be overdriven to obtain the classic sonic character the SSM2040 was famed for.
- Switchable Q compensation. Can also be switched off to leave a classic, uncompensated filter.
- Manually controllable resonance and cutoff frequency.
- Frequency range greater than audio range (> 20Hz to 20kHz).
- Capable of self-oscillation i.e. producing a sine wave output.
- Thermally compensated 1V/octave input.
- Numerous modulation possibilities including FM and resonance CV inputs (0V to 10V input range).
- Ergonomic design.
- Hand-built and tested in the UK.
- Format: Eurorack
- Width: 10HP
- Depth: approx. 40mm
- Power consumption:
- +12V: 30mA
- -12V: 30mA
- +5V: 0mA
- Manual - Download
Please see our Delivery Policy for more information.