1847 Wavetable VCDO
The 1847 Wavetable VCDO is a versatile and easy-to-use voltage-controlled 8-bit wavetable oscillator.
The main oscillator has 16 waveforms arranged as a wavetable and a sub-oscillator also provides 8 waveforms; each selectable at one of four octaves (+1, unison, -1 or -2). The main and sub-oscillator wavetables can be cycled through manually using knobs on the front panel, or can each be controlled by a CV source. The main oscillator waveform select CV has its own dedicated attenuator.
Two FM CV inputs are also provided (FM 1 has an attenuator), along with a 1V/octave input (quantized to semitones).
Coarse and fine frequency controls are provided. The overall frequency range of the oscillator is ten octaves i.e. 8.18Hz to 8,372Hz (MIDI note 0 to 120).
Other features include a bitcrush effect; allowing the sample resolution of the output to be varied between 1-bit and 8-bit. This is controllable via a knob on the front panel and a separate CV input.
Controllable glide allows portamento to be introduced when the oscillator is controlled by a keyboard.
- Versatile 8-bit VCDO providing 16 oscillator and 8 sub-oscillator (selectable at 4 different octaves) waveforms, arranged in a wavetable.
- Frequency range of 8.18Hz to 8,372Hz (ten octaves) with coarse and fine controls.
- Bitcrush input allowing output resolution to be varied between 1-bit and 8-bit.
- Controllable glide (portamento).
- Dedicated CV inputs for 1V/octave, main and sub FM and waveform select and bitcrush.
- 8-bit, 62.5KHz sample output rate. Internal waveforms and calculations are 8-bit and new samples are output via the on-chip PWM modules at 62.5KHz. The PWM modules’ outputs are at 125KHz. The fact that this is higher than the sample rate allows more effective PWM filtering to be applied. A two-stage 24dB Bessel filter provides the best-possible pulse filtering.
- Ergonomic design.
- Hand-built and tested in the UK.
More information regarding the 1847 Wavetable VCDO waveforms can be found below:
- Format: Eurorack
- Width: 14HP
- Depth: approx. 45mm
- Power consumption:
- +12V: 40mA
- -12V: 30mA
- +5V: 0mA
Please see our Delivery Policy for more information.